Landscape Music Composers Network is excited to announce that we’re seeking partners for Landscape Music: Rivers & Trails, a nationwide series of concerts in Fall 2018 commemorating the 50th Anniversaries of the National Trails System Act and the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act. Organized by the Landscape Music Composers Network, and presented in collaboration with venues and performers across the country, these concerts will highlight and celebrate the significance of our national trails and rivers through musical expression.
The Landscape Music Composers Network is a group whose music engages with landscape, nature, and place. Including artists both established and emerging, writing in diverse styles, this network is a platform for collaborative projects aiming to increase appreciation and awareness of the natural world through music. Each of the concerts in Landscape Music: Rivers & Trails will feature World Premieres of works composed for solo instruments and small ensembles, created in direct response to the remarkable places protected under these two landmark acts.
- We are planning between three and seven concerts during Fall 2018 (September-November), held in diverse locations and venues across the country with groups of locally based performers.
- The concerts, and related outreach events, will be organized by composers from within the group, with the collective participation of the Landscape Music Composers Network and support from the concert series leadership.
- Each concert will feature World Premieres of several works responding to the concert series theme and written for solo instruments and small ensembles.
- The concert programs may also include existing works related to the theme and complementary works created by select composers from outside the Landscape Music Composers Network.
- The concerts will serve as a platform for work created through Artist Residencies at sites related to the National Trails System and Wild and Scenic Rivers System.
If you might be interested in working with us to create, present, or promote Rivers & Trails event, please get in touch!
|Nell Shaw Cohen
Director of Landscape Music: Rivers & Trails Concert Series
Director of the Landscape Music Composers Network
Director of Strategic Partnerships
Liaison to Project Partners
Director of Government Partnerships
Coordinator of Artist Residencies